The Port Arthur Public Library Board was established by City Charter to recommend policies and consult on planning for library services. The Board meets quarterly and for special meetings when the need arises.
Board members are:
- Position 1: Dr. Barbara Huval
- Position 2: Laura Casmore
- Position 3: Randolph “Randy” Haltom (Chairman)
- Position 4: Rhonda Bell
- Position 5: James "Jim" Richardson (Vice-Chairman)
- Position 6: Dr. Lawanda Finney
- Position 7: Patricia Downing
- Friends Position 1: Charleen Commings
- Friends Position 2: Fernando Ramirez
The Board's meetings are scheduled on the fourth Tuesday of January, April, July, and October at 5 p.m. in the Library.