Can't find the item you want in your local catalog? Use our Interlibrary Loan (ILL) service to request materials from other libraries!
Anyone with a Port Arthur library card can use the Interlibrary Loan service except in the following cases:
- There is a fine over $4.99 associated with your library card account and/or Interlibrary Loan account.
- The library card is expired.
- The card is a temporary card.
- The maximum number of allowed ILL requests has been exceeded.
Items owned by Port Arthur Public Library, even if they are for reference only, may not be requested using this service and any requests placed for such items will be cancelled. Please check the Library catalog before requesting materials through ILL.
ILL materials may take two to six weeks to arrive. Please bring your library card when you pick up ILL materials.
If you have questions about your ILL request, please contact your local library at (409) 985-8838
Request ILL Materials Using the Texas Group Catalog
- Search for material in the Texas Group Catalog using the basic default search or the Advanced Search.
- A list of search results will appear. To narrow your search results, use the options on the left side.
- When you have decided on a specific record, click on the title.
- Check to be sure that your local library does not own the title.
- Scroll down to click on the Request Item button.
- Choose your local library from the resulting drop-down list. Note that you should check the "Keep me logged in" box unless you are on a public computer.
- Click Continue and log in with your last name and library card number.
- On the Request this item screen, complete all required fields and any other pertinent information.
- Click Continue to submit your request.
Your ILL requests can be reviewed by logging in to My Requests once you are on the Texas Group page. This option is found under the top-left Texas Group Catalog link.